HardwareBanter

-   -   7800GS OC in Vista?? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=150065)

Charlie[_2_] April 28th 07 10:03 PM

7800GS OC in Vista??

Is there a simple and easy-to-use OC utility that works for this card
(7800GS) under Vista.
I used Cool Bits successfully under XP on a 6600gt. I am looking for a
similar ease-of-use and overall user experience.

TIA,
Charlie

First of One[_2_] April 28th 07 10:29 PM

7800GS OC in Vista??

Rivatuner: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

ATiTool (can oc nVidia cards now):
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=26246

don't look[_2_] April 29th 07 03:20 AM

7800GS OC in Vista??

There's Riva tuner 2.0 too.Try www.3dguru.com

don't look[_2_] April 30th 07 06:46 AM

7800GS OC in Vista??

Sorry 'bout the typo( www.guru3d.com ).
And,you're right.I didn't answer your post.Thing is,a lot of
stuff,especially these type of apps don't work in Vista. There will most
likely be updates for the more widely used of these.

Nicole & Tom Guymer May 13th 07 02:49 AM

7800GS OC in Vista??

Charlie wrote:
Is there a simple and easy-to-use OC utility that works for this card
(7800GS) under Vista.
I used Cool Bits successfully under XP on a 6600gt. I am looking for a
similar ease-of-use and overall user experience.

TIA,
Charlie

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-3, 05/11/2007
Tested on: 5/13/2007 11:46:18 AM

I can't speak for your 7800gs, but I have a 7600gs and it uses the same
drivers. The latest beta drivers on the nvidia web site now work with
nvidia's own overclocking software. Forceware 158.24 ntune 5.05.38.00

You may need to overclock again each time you restart vista, but it
works fine.

Regards,

Tom

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-3, 05/11/2007
Tested on: 5/13/2007 11:49:14 AM