HardwareBanter

-   -   2 Monitors Problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=142440)

Dan December 29th 06 08:12 PM

2 Monitors Problem

On my laptop when I have my HDTV connected through VGA I'm able to use the
TV as an extended desktop.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this using my Geforce 6600GT. It
detects both displays using Nvidia control panel but only seems to have the
options of cloning and spanning (where the whole taskbar gets stretched
across two monitors.

I don't know if I've made myself clear but can anyone offer advice please?

Thankyou

Dan

Conor December 30th 06 01:14 AM

2 Monitors Problem

In article , Dan
says...
On my laptop when I have my HDTV connected through VGA I'm able to use the
TV as an extended desktop.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this using my Geforce 6600GT. It
detects both displays using Nvidia control panel but only seems to have the
options of cloning and spanning (where the whole taskbar gets stretched
across two monitors.

I don't know if I've made myself clear but can anyone offer advice please?

What do you think spanning is?

--
Conor

"You're not married,you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart

Dan December 30th 06 09:53 AM

2 Monitors Problem

"Conor" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Dan
says...
On my laptop when I have my HDTV connected through VGA I'm able to use
the
TV as an extended desktop.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this using my Geforce 6600GT. It
detects both displays using Nvidia control panel but only seems to have
the
options of cloning and spanning (where the whole taskbar gets stretched
across two monitors.

I don't know if I've made myself clear but can anyone offer advice
please?

What do you think spanning is?

What do you think being an arse is? If you bothered to read my post you
would of noticed I tried spanning but it streches the whole taskbar unlike
extended desktop.

****

Dan