HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Presario SR1011NX Memory Recognition problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=139309)

NapalmHeart November 12th 06 02:57 PM

Presario SR1011NX Memory Recognition problem

My computer is only recognizing 1 of 2 512MB Kingston. I have updated the
BIOS as suggested by HP, but no difference. Any ideas how I can get the
other half to work?

Thanks,

Ken

HH November 13th 06 04:51 AM

Presario SR1011NX Memory Recognition problem

Try unseating and reseating the DIMMs, Also, try them one at a time to try
and find out which one is not being recognized. If one will not work in
either slot it is bad and should be replaced.

HH

NapalmHeart November 13th 06 06:11 AM

Presario SR1011NX Memory Recognition problem

Already tried, no difference.

Thanks for the reply.

Ken

HH November 13th 06 01:51 PM

Presario SR1011NX Memory Recognition problem

Result? Bad DIMM or bad slot? If the former, Kingston should replace the
DIMM. If the latter, you will be limited to 512MB on that board.

NapalmHeart November 13th 06 04:48 PM

Presario SR1011NX Memory Recognition problem

DIMMs are OK. Not sure about the slot. The HP website had something on it
about resetting the CMOS by moving a jumper wire. The instructions and
illustrations didn't inspire confidence. It would be nice to be able to use
the $80 DIMM!

Ken

DawgFan1785 November 14th 06 04:13 AM

"HH" wrote in message
Try unseating and reseating the DIMMs, Also, try them one at a time

try and find out which one is not being recognized. If one will not

work
in either slot it is bad and should be replaced.

HH

"NapalmHeart" wrote in message
My computer is only recognizing 1 of 2 512MB Kingston. I have

updated
the BIOS as suggested by HP, but no difference. Any ideas how I

can
get the other half to work?

Thanks,

Ken

[/quote:e4150ab931]

Jumper should be easy to find. Looks like the Jumber on harddrives if
your familliar

NapalmHeart November 20th 06 09:31 PM

Presario SR1011NX Memory Recognition problem

"NapalmHeart" wrote in message
My computer is only recognizing 1 of 2 512MB Kingston. I have updated the
BIOS as suggested by HP, but no difference. Any ideas how I can get the
other half to work?

Thanks,

Ken

Interesting ting happened. I put the 256MB module that came with the
computer and both this module and a 512MB Kingston are recognized. I think
I'm going to settle for this and see if I can return the other 512.

thanks,

Ken