HardwareBanter

-   AMD x86-64 Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   how to make a game use both cores? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=140193)

Enter The November 26th 06 06:19 PM

how to make a game use both cores?

Hi,

I have a AMD Dual core 4200.

Games such as MEdieval Total War 2 only appear to be using one core, as
they never use more than 50% of CPU.

How can I force these applications to use bother cores?

Thanks,

Enter The.

Hawk November 26th 06 07:08 PM

"Enter The" wrote:

Hi,

I have a AMD Dual core 4200.

Games such as MEdieval Total War 2 only appear to be using one core, as
they never use more than 50% of CPU.

How can I force these applications to use bother cores?

By rewriting the entire game engine to be multi-threaded....

(*

dave March 31st 07 08:38 PM

Hawk wrote:

"Enter The" wrote:

Hi,

I have a AMD Dual core 4200.

Games such as MEdieval Total War 2 only appear to be using one core, as
they never use more than 50% of CPU.

How can I force these applications to use bother cores?

By rewriting the entire game engine to be multi-threaded....

(*

If you run an operating system that supports multiprocessing, effectively use both cpus
since the os will use the 2nd cpu for other tasks, thus leaving the 1st cpu to spend more
time running your game. OpenBSD supports 64-bit multi-cpu configurations.