HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   "Petabytes on a Budget: 10 Years and Counting" (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199705)

Lynn McGuire[_3_] September 24th 19 08:51 PM

"Petabytes on a Budget: 10 Years and Counting"

"Petabytes on a Budget: 10 Years and Counting"

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/petab...-and-counting/

"It has been 10 years since Backblaze introduced our Storage Pod to the
world. In September 2009, we announced our hulking, eye-catching, red 4U
storage server equipped with 45 hard drives delivering 67 terabytes of
storage for just $7,867 — that was about $0.11 a gigabyte. As part of
that announcement, we open-sourced the design for what we dubbed Storage
Pods, telling you and everyone like you how to build one, and many of
you did."

Them are big pods.

Lynn