HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   P4P800VM issue with Fedora Core 2 Linux (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=34005)

RCman August 21st 04 07:45 AM

P4P800VM issue with Fedora Core 2 Linux

I have a Colomachine CM54 SATA based 1U Server. Here is the hardware
specification:

http://www.colomachine.com/cm-54.htm

Motherboard: Integrated ASUS P4P800VM micro-atx
Processor: Intel® Pentium 4® 3.06GHz Processor (Hype-thread Enabled)
Chipset: Intel® 82865G GMCH / Intel® 82801DB ICH5
System Memory: 2 x 184 pins DDR266 DIMM sockets with a maximum of 4GB
installed memory. (1GB DDR333 Installed)
IDE/EIDE Interface
Network Support: Intel 82562EZ LAN PHY 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet Port
(RJ45)
BIOS:Award BIOS
Video Support:Integrated 865G Chipset with onboard video. AGP 8X
Hard Disk Drive: 2 x (Samsung or Seagate) 120GB SATA HD
CD-ROM Drive: BTC 52X CDROM Reader (IDE)
Power Supply:ATX 250 watts power supply (Dual 110V/220V Auto-switch)

I am trying to load Fedora Core 2 on the machine and it will boot then
whether I select graphical or text mode to perform the install; it
starts to load then stalls when it gets to

/sbin/loader

It just sits there. a CR does nothing. what's wrong? what do I do?
Is it a hardware problem or O.S. related issue?

Thanks!

NBK August 21st 04 03:44 PM

RCman wrote:
[...]

I had the same problem with my P4P800 Deluxe until i
checked out http://www.fedorafaq.org/ for a fixed iso...
HTH
NBK