HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Low cost QUIET cases? - is what I should have said. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=2534)

Phrederick December 8th 03 04:23 AM

Low cost QUIET cases? - is what I should have said.

I should have been more careful with my subject line...

"Low cost QUIET PC cases" is what it SHOULD have said!

"Phrederick" wrote in message
Hey all!

Trying to build a QUIET computer for the wife...

I've seen the Antec P160 and it's a NICE case, with all the connections

and
buttons right a the top of the case, not to mention a sharp look, but it's
too much money, especially without power supply.

I've looked at Antec's Sonata and it's a better deal at around $150 Cdn,

but
still a bit pricey. Also not impressed with location/look of USB/Firewire
connectors and these will see lots of usage. I like the sideways mounted
drives and 120mm fan setup of these two cases.

Are there any low cost, quiet cases available out there? I haven't had

much
luck locating any.

I'm going to be mounting Intel P4 2.6Ghz systems in here with largish SATA
drives and I doubt there will be any overclocking involved.