HardwareBanter

-   -   How do I set up dual monitors?? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=53704)

Wildbill April 17th 04 01:43 AM

How do I set up dual monitors??

I am currently using a Dell P1110 21" CRT, but I have a spare HP 17"
CRT.
My video card has DVI, S-VIDEO, and 15-pin mini D-Sub (which both
moniters use)
Can I buy a splitter or something to hook them both up??

Thanks,
Wildbill
A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Geforce FX 5200 128MB
Windows XP Home SP1
3Dvision TV/FM/Video Capture

Alan Wright April 17th 04 02:01 AM

My video cards that have DVI connectors also came with
a DVI-to-VGA converter. If I plug two monitors into the
two connectors, the Nvidia drivers and/or Windows XP
automatically detect this and activate the DualView mode.

I go a step further and turn on NView, which gives a few
useful options not in the default DualView mode.

Alan