HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   compaq armada m300 p3 600 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=105035)

dickydoo August 21st 05 06:58 AM

compaq armada m300 p3 600

Hi folks,
Just got a 2nd hand one .It came with one power adapter, is this
multifunctional for the docking bay and the laptop ? It has no users manual
with it. Thanks for any help.

Echy August 21st 05 10:13 AM

dickydoo wrote:
Hi folks,
Just got a 2nd hand one .It came with one power adapter, is this
multifunctional for the docking bay and the laptop ? It has no users manual
with it. Thanks for any help.

Are you sure that is the model number as it looks a little unusual for a
Compaq to me. If you can confirm, I may be able to locate a user
manual in my archives for you. If I have it, it will be in PDF format.

Regards
Echy
Melbourne, Australia
www.visitvictoria.com

dickydoo August 21st 05 12:19 PM

Hi Echy,
Here is the specs that it has. Would appreciate any help with manual.
I have the power supply sussed .When it is docked it plugs into docking bay
to feed the laptop. Undocked power is provided by internal batt or the same
power pack.
Compaq Armada M300 slim, light laptop.
The laptop build in Magnesium metal house cover, very reliable.

CPU:P3 600MHZ
RAM:128MB
HDD: 30GB
12.1 TFT(1024x768)
1xUSB Port
1xSerial port
1x Print port
1xinfrare
Build in Lan and 56k modem, internet ready.
Touch pad mouse.
Window 98 SEC installed.
Came with a docking station include a cdrom and FDD.

"Echy" wrote in message
u...

dickydoo August 21st 05 12:27 PM

Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?

Echy August 21st 05 02:46 PM

dickydoo wrote:
Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?

I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.

Echy

Happy Canuck August 21st 05 06:00 PM

Yes, the power adapter works with both the MEU and the system.

Lots of information available if you go to www.hp.com/support select the US
and enter Armada M300 in the little box. You will have access to all the
documentation and software updates..

You might want to upgrade the memory by adding a 256MB chip (under the
keyboard) and then it runs XP really nicely (I have 2 of them like that )

--
Bill

Echy August 21st 05 10:55 PM

Echy wrote:
dickydoo wrote:

Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?

I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.

Echy

Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.

Echy

dickydoo August 22nd 05 12:16 AM

"Echy" wrote in message
Echy wrote:
dickydoo wrote:

Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?

I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.

Echy

Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.

Echy

Thanks for your help.

Echy August 22nd 05 11:55 PM

dickydoo wrote:
"Echy" wrote in message

Echy wrote:

dickydoo wrote:

Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?

I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.

Echy

Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.

Echy

Thanks for your help.

I'm slowly getting there ! Discovered that a colleague lent the CD to
someone. I will have it back in about 14 hours from now. The good news
is that the M300 is on the CD so I will email via SendItNow.com as soon
as I have it back.

Regards
Echy

Melbourne, Australia
www.visitvictoria.com

Echy August 22nd 05 11:58 PM

Echy wrote:
dickydoo wrote:

"Echy" wrote in message

Echy wrote:

dickydoo wrote:

Am I allowed to post a picture of it here ?

I have enough info. now. Will check to see if I can help.

Echy

Oops! Cannot find the CD with the manuals on it, just now. Sure to find
it though & will let you know a.s.a.p.

Echy

Thanks for your help.

I'm slowly getting there ! Discovered that a colleague lent the CD to
someone. I will have it back in about 14 hours from now. The good news
is that the M300 is on the CD so I will email via SendItNow.com as soon
as I have it back.

Regards
Echy

Melbourne, Australia