HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   P4C800-E Drive light staying on. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=30095)

[email protected] December 29th 03 12:20 PM

P4C800-E Drive light staying on.

I've got a P4C800E with 2 x IDE Hard disks on primary (IBM 80G and
Maxtor 80G) and a Pioneer DVD ROM 120s and Sony CD Burner on Secondary
IDE. A SCSI Drive connected to an Adaptec 2940 controller.

Occasionally the drive light will come on and stay solidly on with no
obvious disk activity going on - is this normal?

Thanks,

Rob.

Dan December 29th 03 04:42 PM

Is this with Windows XP? If so I had that same problem with an IDE Iomega
Zip drive. Unfortunately my solution was to remove the Zip drive.
I would suspect your Adaptec 2940 controller but not sure.