HardwareBanter

-   AMD x86-64 Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   eMachines m6805/m6809 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=8698)

Jason Cothran May 7th 04 11:40 PM

eMachines m6805/m6809

Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in to
delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name, these look
like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I would love to hear
any comments, in particular experiences from anyone running the 64bit patch
on WindowsXP on one of these. How does the Radeon Mobility stack up?

Colon Power May 7th 04 11:47 PM

Jason Cothran wrote:

Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in to
delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name, these look
like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I would love to hear
any comments, in particular experiences from anyone running the 64bit
patch on WindowsXP on one of these. How does the Radeon Mobility stack up?

I have a 6809ep in my garrage with a 63c09ep in it.Modified to run at 2.1
mzh with a SCSI harddrive.

ThePunisher May 9th 04 01:18 AM

Jason Cothran wrote:
Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in
to delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name,
these look like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I
would love to hear any comments, in particular experiences from
anyone running the 64bit patch on WindowsXP on one of these. How does
the Radeon Mobility stack up?

What's this 'patch'?

--
ThePunisher

Ian Hastie May 9th 04 02:30 AM

On Fri, 07 May 2004 18:47:12 -0400, Colon Power wrote:

Jason Cothran wrote:

Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in to
delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name, these look
like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I would love to
hear any comments, in particular experiences from anyone running the
64bit patch on WindowsXP on one of these. How does the Radeon Mobility
stack up?

I have a 6809ep in my garrage with a 63c09ep in it.Modified to run at 2.1
mzh with a SCSI harddrive.

2.1MHz?! Awesome indeed... *;)

--
Ian.

EOM

Jason Cothran May 9th 04 03:53 AM

"ThePunisher" wrote in message
| Jason Cothran wrote:
| Does anyone currently own one of these machines? I am looking in
| to delving in to the world of portability, and despite the name,
| these look like two AWESOME notebooks, especially for the money. I
| would love to hear any comments, in particular experiences from
| anyone running the 64bit patch on WindowsXP on one of these. How does
| the Radeon Mobility stack up?
|
| What's this 'patch'?

The "prerelease" XP 64

Jason Cothran May 25th 04 03:52 PM

"eminema" wrote in message
| I have a m6805 and i love it, i upgraded to xpp and now i want to install
| linux on it when i find myh amd64 ver.

Thanks for the reply ... bought one already. I got a m6809 last saturday.
Only gripe so far is having to use clock gen to get 2000Mhz on battery
power. Aside from that, it kicks the snot out of my XP 2000+ wink