HardwareBanter

-   AMD x86-64 Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   My new AMD64 3200+ runs cooler than my AMD 2600+ (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=8695)

Wayne @ W. May 6th 04 07:47 AM

My new AMD64 3200+ runs cooler than my AMD 2600+

This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

Now I am waiting for Chaintech to upgrade the bios for this new Nforce3 N250
mobo to allow me to disable the onboard Nic, as it is my only hold up in
getting Windows XP 64 extended edition working.

Wayne

Don Taylor May 6th 04 10:11 AM

"Wayne @ W." writes:
This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Are you SURE you are measuring that temperature correctly?
12 c is 54 f, 17 c is 63 f, for the metrically challenged.

If it really is less than 63 f when running then you must either
have some impressive refrigeration to keep it cold OR you are
sitting in an awfully cold room.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

I'm impressed. Maybe the power is hooked up backwards,
and it gets cold instead of hot :)

rstlne May 6th 04 11:59 AM

"Wayne @ W." wrote in message
This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

Now I am waiting for Chaintech to upgrade the bios for this new Nforce3

N250
mobo to allow me to disable the onboard Nic, as it is my only hold up in
getting Windows XP 64 extended edition working.

Wayne

Uh..
Hi Santa, didnt know ur name was Wayne

Povl H. Pedersen May 6th 04 06:27 PM

In article , Wayne @ W. wrote:
This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

How do you get it below room temperature ?

--
Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
Get 5% discount on VMWare use discount/referral code: MRC-POVPED260

Wayne @ W. May 6th 04 07:08 PM

"Don Taylor" wrote in message
"Wayne @ W." writes:
This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Are you SURE you are measuring that temperature correctly?
12 c is 54 f, 17 c is 63 f, for the metrically challenged.

If it really is less than 63 f when running then you must either
have some impressive refrigeration to keep it cold OR you are
sitting in an awfully cold room.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

I'm impressed. Maybe the power is hooked up backwards,
and it gets cold instead of hot :)

LOL. I have 4 internal case fans, I have the retail version of the AMD 64
3200+ cpu, and I have an ENERMAX Noisetaker Series 420W Power Supply, ATX
12V V1.3 compatible: Support latest P4 and Athlon 64 platforms, Model
"EG425P-VE-SFMA"

I use the Chaintek program, "DigiDoc" , to tell me the temps. g

Wayne

Wayne @ W. May 6th 04 07:09 PM

"rstlne" wrote in message

"Wayne @ W." wrote in message
This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

Now I am waiting for Chaintech to upgrade the bios for this new Nforce3

N250
mobo to allow me to disable the onboard Nic, as it is my only hold up in
getting Windows XP 64 extended edition working.

Wayne

Uh..
Hi Santa, didnt know ur name was Wayne

LOL. Well, I do have an A.C. unit only 10 feet in front of my Computer Case.
And I keep my room at about 60F.
:o)

Wayne

Wayne @ W. May 6th 04 07:10 PM

"Povl H. Pedersen" wrote in message
In article , Wayne @ W. wrote:
This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

How do you get it below room temperature ?

--
Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
Get 5% discount on VMWare use discount/referral code: MRC-POVPED260

My room temp is about 60F. I like it cool, because fat people sweat in
snow. ROFLOL

Wayne

bill May 6th 04 08:19 PM

In article ,
says...

In article , Wayne @ W. wrote:
This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

How do you get it below room temperature ?

--
Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
Get 5% discount on VMWare use discount/referral code: MRC-POVPED260

My room temp is about 60F. I like it cool, because fat people sweat in
snow. ROFLOL

Wayne

Ya know, I coulda gone all day without that mental image.

Bill

Wayne @ W. May 6th 04 08:45 PM

"bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Povl H. Pedersen" wrote in

message
In article , Wayne @ W. wrote:
This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

How do you get it below room temperature ?

--
Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
Get 5% discount on VMWare use discount/referral code: MRC-POVPED260

My room temp is about 60F. I like it cool, because fat people sweat in
snow. ROFLOL

Wayne

Ya know, I coulda gone all day without that mental image.

Bill

LOL. At least I didn't talk about .... nevermind. :o)

Wayne

bill May 7th 04 12:25 AM

In article ,
says...

In article , Wayne @ W. wrote:
This chip runs cool. It runs at 12 to 17 c While my AMD Barton 2600+
non-overclocked ran around 35 to 43 C.

Same case, but better power supply. ::o)

How do you get it below room temperature ?

--
Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
Get 5% discount on VMWare use discount/referral code: MRC-POVPED260

My room temp is about 60F. I like it cool, because fat people sweat in
snow. ROFLOL

Wayne

Ya know, I coulda gone all day without that mental image.

Bill

LOL. At least I didn't talk about .... nevermind. :o)

Wayne

Please, not 'til after 9:00p.m. I don't want to have to dwell all
day on the nightmares I'll probably have.

Bill