HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Servers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   starting problem with 5500r 6/200 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=59676)

[email protected] October 29th 03 10:16 PM

starting problem with 5500r 6/200

I have problems with my 5500r 4*200 PPro.
What I think what happend:
A week ago I rebooted the 5500r but left in the POST with "Press F1 to
continue". A day or so later it was automaticly powered off! And I think it
said something like "system powered off" on the diag LCD.

Then I had problems switching it back on, so I pulled out some cards and
boards and reseated them, but to no avail.
Later I found out that is was a bad case switch which worked only when
pressed real hard.

After shortening the case switches it powered up, but no picture, no diag
screen on the front LCD, nothing.
I see that the internal LEDs near the connector panel on the back do some
blinking, but I have no documentation about what they mean.
The two installed VRMs are "green" on the cpu board too.

Anything else I might try?

--
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.

[email protected] October 30th 03 05:36 PM

wrote:
After shortening the case switches it powered up, but no picture, no diag
screen on the front LCD, nothing.
I see that the internal LEDs near the connector panel on the back do some
blinking, but I have no documentation about what they mean.

There are 8 LEDs and they show port 84. But I didn't found any compaq port
84 codes on the net :-(

--
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.