HardwareBanter

-   -   Problem when updating Nvidia nForce VGA Driver to v4243 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49472)

Charles C. Drew June 29th 03 06:28 PM

Problem when updating Nvidia nForce VGA Driver to v4243

Don't do the update drivers from the Microsoft's Update page. Download the
nforce drivers and install them like you normally have to. I have yet to
get drivers installed successfully from Microsoft's Update page.

If I'm mistaken by what you mean by "MSI Live Update 2" facility, the never
mind.

Shaun June 30th 03 04:53 AM

"Charles C. Drew" wrote in message
Don't do the update drivers from the Microsoft's Update page. Download

the
nforce drivers and install them like you normally have to. I have yet to
get drivers installed successfully from Microsoft's Update page.

If I'm mistaken by what you mean by "MSI Live Update 2" facility, the

never
mind.

MSI live update, for MSI hardware. Not MS as in Microsoft. Obviously he has
an MSI video card and the live update should work fine.

The reconfig issue might be simply just because the new drivers are for a
split second disabling the video card before it initializes the screenmode
that you have set in Windows. I've noticed things like this before with new
driver versions, where they make the monitor completely reset upon mode
switching.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Ron Merts July 1st 03 07:52 AM

I agree, it's probably the video going through a "hard-reset" which is
causing the monitor to auto-config itself. While it may be un-nerving it's
probably just doing what it thinks is best to give you the best picture
since the "reset".

Ron