HardwareBanter

-   Acer Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Acer TravelMate 380 Service Guide (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=57682)

DWStrickland December 26th 04 05:32 PM

Acer TravelMate 380 Service Guide

Hi! I would appreciate anyone who has the Acer TravelMate 380 (or
TravelMate 370) Service Guide sending it my e-mail address.
Thanks,
Dennis Strickland

budgie December 27th 04 02:09 AM

On 26 Dec 2004 08:32:51 -0800, "DWStrickland"
wrote:

Hi! I would appreciate anyone who has the Acer TravelMate 380 (or
TravelMate 370) Service Guide sending it my e-mail address.

I have one for the AcerNote Lite 370 series - not a Travelmate though. I wasn't
even aware of a TM370.

DWStrickland December 27th 04 06:53 AM

Thanks for the response. The TravelMate 370/380 are essentially the
same machine. It is a small, ultraportable notebook from Acer found at
the following link:

http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/tm380.htm
Thanks,
Dennis Strickland

budgie December 27th 04 11:39 AM

On 26 Dec 2004 21:53:14 -0800, "DWStrickland"
wrote:

Thanks for the response. The TravelMate 370/380 are essentially the
same machine. It is a small, ultraportable notebook from Acer found at
the following link:

http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/tm380.htm

Ahah! Very different to the P1-133/150 AcerNote lite 370 machines!

DWStrickland January 7th 05 11:25 PM

Nobody have the Acer TravelMate 370/380 Service Guide?
Thanks,
Dennis Strickland

Malvin January 8th 05 12:02 PM

These not even a user guide available, let alone getting the service manual.

ups.com...

wayneb September 12th 05 11:25 AM

budgie Wrote:

I have one for the AcerNote Lite 370 series - not a Travelmate though.
I wasn't
even aware of a TM370.

Hi Budgie,

If you still have it, a copy of the Acernote Light 370 service manual
would be much appreciated by me! I'm trying to slightly speed up mine
so that my 5 year old can play some of his games on it, so knowing
where the dipswitches or jumpers are to change bus speed, voltage, etc
would be great.

Wayne Barnett

--
wayneb

budgie September 13th 05 07:16 AM

************************************************* *********
Hi Budgie,

If you still have it, a copy of the Acernote Light 370 service manual
would be much appreciated by me! I'm trying to slightly speed up mine
so that my 5 year old can play some of his games on it, so knowing
where the dipswitches or jumpers are to change bus speed, voltage, etc
would be great.

Unless I am very much mistaken, there are no jumpers/dipswitches that change any
of the parameters you describe.

wayneb September 13th 05 08:43 PM

Unless I am very much mistaken, there are no jumpers/dipswitches that
change any
of the parameters you describe.
Thanks for looking in on this post. The laptop has a P120 CPU and I
wanted to run at at 133 (a slight overclock) or put in another CPU. I
assumed that I would be able to at least change the bus speed somewhere,
as various comments on boards seem to indicate that this laptop can run a
P133.

I will experiment with AMD K5's or Cyrix CPU's if I can get them.
Do I have to prise the CPU out of the non ZIF socket? Or does the plastic
"bar" on the side of the socket that says "lock" actually slide?

Thanks

Wayne

--
wayneb

budgie September 14th 05 06:26 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:43:25 +0100, wayneb
wrote:

Unless I am very much mistaken, there are no jumpers/dipswitches that
change any
of the parameters you describe.
************************************************* *********
Thanks for looking in on this post. The laptop has a P120 CPU and I
wanted to run at at 133 (a slight overclock) or put in another CPU. I
assumed that I would be able to at least change the bus speed somewhere,
as various comments on boards seem to indicate that this laptop can run a
P133.

I have a 133 and a 150, with the same board.

I will experiment with AMD K5's or Cyrix CPU's if I can get them.
Do I have to prise the CPU out of the non ZIF socket? Or does the plastic
"bar" on the side of the socket that says "lock" actually slide?

Eeek! Of course you don't have to prise it out.

I've just uploaded the 370 User Guide and the Service Manual to my "web page"
(which is used just for transferring files that choke some mailboxes). If you
give me a valid addie I'll email the details.