HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Armada 1592DT Hard Drive (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=109094)

Stormhunter October 8th 05 08:34 PM

Armada 1592DT Hard Drive

Hi I have just purchased a Armada 1592DT Laptop. It has the caddy but
no hard drive.Can anyone tell me the different makes and sizes that
this model will accept and if i need drives or updates to install
them.I have tried the HP Compaq site but it just gives you the size
and not the makes.
Rgds Chris

John F. Eldredge October 9th 05 12:26 AM

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:34:24 GMT,
lid (Stormhunter) wrote:

Hi I have just purchased a Armada 1592DT Laptop. It has the caddy but
no hard drive.Can anyone tell me the different makes and sizes that
this model will accept and if i need drives or updates to install
them.I have tried the HP Compaq site but it just gives you the size
and not the makes.
Rgds Chris

As far as I know, the interfaces are standardized enough that, if the
drive will physically fit in the caddy (laptop drives come in various
thicknesses), it should work with your system. About 1 1/2 years ago,
I replaced the drive in my Armada E500 with a larger drive, purchased
over the Internet from TigerDirect.com. It worked fine. If the drive
capacity is larger than your BIOS will support, you will have to
install a Logical Block Addressing (LBA) driver that will load first,
and fool the BIOS into seeing the drive as having more heads and fewer
tracks than it actually has.

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from