HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Catalyst 4,8 beta, way better than 4,7 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=46550)

Runar July 27th 04 07:42 PM

Catalyst 4,8 beta, way better than 4,7

Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke 19000
points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.

Runar July 27th 04 08:03 PM

Forgot the link, you can find it at http://www.guru3d.com/

NightSky 421 July 28th 04 04:00 AM

"Runar" wrote in message

Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke

19000
points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.

I wonder when the 4.8's will get released? For that matter, what about
Windows XP Service Pack 2? I'm thinking of rebuilding my world and it would
be great to try the whole shebang at once.

OCZ Guy July 28th 04 04:29 AM

I wonder what cheat ATI are using :) what did you get before in
3dmark2001 18999 ?

Stoneskin July 28th 04 10:40 AM

Runar left a note on my windscreen which said:

Atleast so far so good. Better performance in both OGL and D3D, broke 19000
points in 3dmark01 for the first time ever.

But will the damn shadows in Theif 3 be fixed!
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

Runar July 28th 04 12:03 PM

I got 18700, but the cause of my exitement was the sum of the performance in
these drivers, q3 in 1600x1200 6xAA and 16xAF looks and runs great at
100fps. I even think the IQ is atleast as good as offical cat's if not
better.

Ed Light July 28th 04 07:30 PM

"NightSky 421" wrote
I wonder when the 4.8's will get released? For that matter, what about
Windows XP Service Pack 2? I'm thinking of rebuilding my world and it

would
be great to try the whole shebang at once.

Best to do them separately. Otherwise if it messes up you won't know which
did it.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Dreamaker July 28th 04 07:44 PM

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:29:36 +1000, OCZ Guy wrote:

I wonder what cheat ATI are using :) what did you get before in
3dmark2001 18999 ?

Yah i did some test on my side and did'nt find out any improuvement
in 3dmark2003 i still get that low score 5500 point...

with a 9800pro 128mbs build by ati.

Spencer July 28th 04 09:05 PM

Downloaded but cant get the bloody thing to install!!!

Error report generated

Spence