HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Radeon 9600pro. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=42946)

Scooter November 16th 03 06:27 PM

Radeon 9600pro.

How does this card hold up against the Ge force FX range?. My system is

Athlon 2600XP
1024 MB ddr ram

would I get better FPS compared to my Ti 4200

Inglo November 16th 03 06:35 PM

On 11/16/2003 10:27 AM Scooter befouled our nation with:

How does this card hold up against the Ge force FX range?. My system is

Athlon 2600XP
1024 MB ddr ram

would I get better FPS compared to my Ti 4200

If you look at benchmarks, the Ti4200 usually outperforms the 9600 Pro
until you turn on AA and AF, then the 9600 leaves it behind.
Of course the Ti4200 does the same thing with the FX 5600 Ultra as well.

Get the 9600 XT at least if you're interested in a 9600 card.

--
Steve [Inglo]

Jim November 23rd 03 05:55 PM

"Scooter" wrote in message
How does this card hold up against the Ge force FX range?. My system is

Athlon 2600XP
1024 MB ddr ram

would I get better FPS compared to my Ti 4200

I just switched from a ti4200 to an AIW 9600pro. 3DMark03 scores went from
1200 to 3400 (on my lowly Athlon 1600).

Dark Avenger November 24th 03 12:31 AM

"Scooter" wrote in message ...
How does this card hold up against the Ge force FX range?. My system is

Athlon 2600XP
1024 MB ddr ram

would I get better FPS compared to my Ti 4200

Mmm, with a system like that. You'll find that a 9600 Pro will play
every game fine in high/extreem settings. Also loading screens and so
on go much faster, quality is crisp and performance is top!

How it goes against the FX series, ah well, the 9600XT is
...interresting faster as the 9600Pro ( and you get a HL2 coupon ) and
that card runs nicely versus the FX 5700 Ultra... atleast.. in the
tests that have been there yet.

But both the 9600Pro as the 9600XT is definitly going to be in our pc
for a while. If you have money enough... 9800XT, a card that will be
in your pc for about 2 years atleast :-)