HardwareBanter

-   General Hardware (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Transfer of Video to Hard disk (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=71147)

Vinay Khetan August 7th 04 11:24 AM

Transfer of Video to Hard disk

Can you please guide me about the hardware to be used to tranfer image
from my camcorder to hard disk , I think i will have to install some
DV Card. My PC is Intel P4

Aaron August 9th 04 01:48 AM

(Vinay Khetan) wrote in message . com...
Can you please guide me about the hardware to be used to tranfer image
from my camcorder to hard disk , I think i will have to install some
DV Card. My PC is Intel P4

You will need to find out whether your camcorder will connect via
Firewire or USB, or if it is really old, some other jack. You can
probably find out in the users manual. You computer will need to have
a jack to match; if not you need to buy an add in card.

After that, install the software provided with your camera. Again,
instructions should be included in the manual.

Aaron

Silicon Alley Computers August 9th 04 11:37 PM

(Aaron) wrote in message . com...
(Vinay Khetan) wrote in message . com...
Can you please guide me about the hardware to be used to tranfer image
from my camcorder to hard disk , I think i will have to install some
DV Card. My PC is Intel P4

You will need to find out whether your camcorder will connect via
Firewire or USB, or if it is really old, some other jack. You can
probably find out in the users manual. You computer will need to have
a jack to match; if not you need to buy an add in card.

After that, install the software provided with your camera. Again,
instructions should be included in the manual.

Aaron

Hi Vinay,
If you don't have a direct connect capability with your
camcorder, you should have composite video and audio outputs. If this
is all you have on the camcorder, sounds like you will need a video
input adapter or TV Tuner card. The video input adapter is usually
USB/USB 2.0 and the TV Tuner card is usually PCI for PCs. We offer
both on our site in the Audio/Video section. FYI, if you want the
fastest transfer you should use USB 2.0. Firewire is actually slower
than USB 2.0 in most cases even though it is rated as faster.

Silicon Alley Computers
www.siliconalleycomputers.com