HardwareBanter

-   -   Chaintech A-GX20 Screen Blacks Out, Then Returns (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49731)

David Krainess July 14th 03 11:47 PM

Chaintech A-GX20 Screen Blacks Out, Then Returns

Hi all,

I have an A-GX20 (Chaintech) and every 5 minutes or so (when on the
computer), the monitor blacks out and then comes back after 10 or so
seconds. The mainboard is an Asus P4SDX. Has anybody experienced
this or have a solution.

Thanks

Dave July 15th 03 02:05 AM

Have you checked the cmos settings to make sure Standby mode is not enabled
in Power Management? Standby mode makes monitors turn off after a given
amount of time. Windows also can control this feature in display
properties. I have my monitor set to turn off after 20 minutes of
inactivity.
Dave

om...

Bob July 16th 03 12:48 AM

Might want to check your refresh rate. Used to have an ATI Rage 128 Pro
running a MAG LCD monitor at 75 MHz. When I finally dumped that card for a
Ti 4200 I had the same problem until I changed the refresh rate to 72mHz.

Worked for me, but your mileage may vary.

Bob