HardwareBanter

-   Storage (alternative) (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   cloning 2 different drives, diffrerent operating system using norton Ghost 2003 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=85880)

JaBrIoL February 17th 04 02:48 PM

cloning 2 different drives, diffrerent operating system using norton Ghost 2003

All,

Good morning this is basically continuation of a previous e-mail or
post, of my problem with using Norton Ghost 2003 between 2 different
drive, and 2 different operating systems. Many of you may see this
post for the first time, therefore let me recap...

equipment being used:

SCSI controller card
Esdi controller card
Pentium 450MHz

I am trying to clone an boot-able esdi drive to a SCSI 2GB.

Operating system I wish to clone

Esdi drive: Unix ware version 2.1 (real old)

Problem: so far it seems that I can get Norton Ghost to an -IR clone
of the esdi drive onto the SCSI. My problem is, my SCSI drive does not
boot. when I ghost other drives of the same operating system, I have
no problem. At this point I am stump at this dilemma...

any ideas or suggestions?