HardwareBanter

-   -   GeForce2 MX400 64MB - poor scrolling (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=51297)

Denis Mahony October 13th 03 06:21 PM

GeForce2 MX400 64MB - poor scrolling

Hi,

I recently installed a GeForce2 MX400 64MB , in place of a 32MB GeForce2
MX200.
Now i notice when I scroll page up/down , on the net, I get a ripple effect
on screen. It's at it's worst with WIN TV operating (always on top) .
Is it normal to get some degradation ?
How do I optimise bios (etc) setting to reduce (or even eliminate ) the
effect.

TIA
Denis

KR7A-133
PC2100 256Meg RAM
AMD Athlon 2000+ (1667Mhz) - FSB 133
120Gig Maxtor HD
ZIP 100 Internal
Phillips DVD/CDRW drive 3210
DVD Samsung SD-616
SbLive 1024
Hauppauge WIN TV PCI
56K internal HCF Modem
USB epson scanner
USB lexmark printer
USB SiPix camera

Darthy October 14th 03 12:26 PM

Windows98? WindowsXP?

Why put in a mx400? (unless it was $10)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:21:37 +0100, "Denis Mahony"
wrote:

[...]

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Denis Mahony October 14th 03 07:14 PM

Not helpful :(

Win98SE

When you have a vid card worth $1 , a $10 is a major upgrade ;)

Denis

HamMan October 14th 03 07:48 PM

Did you install the drivers?

Denis Mahony October 15th 03 01:48 AM

Thanks .
I have latest VIA drivers. latest nVidea drivers, running at 1024 x 768 @
60HZ . That seems within spec for my dell 17" crt
Bios is the latest from Abit.

Denis

"HamMan"
. freeserve.retard.co.uk
wrote in message ...
Did you install the drivers?

Darthy October 15th 03 04:52 AM

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:14:13 +0100, "Denis Mahony"
wrote:

Not helpful :(

Win98SE

When you have a vid card worth $1 , a $10 is a major upgrade ;)

So... does it work any worse or better on other games?

Gary Tait October 24th 03 10:11 PM

Whereas On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:26:06 GMT, Darthy
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
Windows98? WindowsXP?

Lets say either (would it matter)

Why put in a mx400? (unless it was $10)

Yes, $10.
(FWIW, I am thinking of an MX440 for a simialr really cheap deal, just
looking to see if I should or not, to improve on an obsolete 1st gen
AGP card, with a very slim budget, I could afford to lose that until
I can afford a current card, which I was figuring an FX5200)

--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat

rhartman October 27th 03 05:43 AM

GT:

The mx440 is no slouch : I run Chaintech versions in 2 of my boxes, and
consider the cards very reliable. Most recent, I got an FX5200 to push a
new VX900 LCD under WinME & it does fine ( NEEDS DX_9 installed !!!).

ray hartman
********************

Denis Mahony October 27th 03 10:06 PM

Ok ! problem solved. I moved my cards around in the PCI slots to
redistriibute use of IRQs.

The modem card was sharing with the graphics card - once I eliminated that
, it solved the problem.

Thanks to all for the input/comments

Regards

Denis

"Denis Mahony" wrote in message
Thanks .
I have latest VIA drivers. latest nVidea drivers, running at 1024 x 768 @
60HZ . That seems within spec for my dell 17" crt
Bios is the latest from Abit.

Denis

"HamMan"
. freeserve.retard.co.uk