HardwareBanter

-   Matrox Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Matrox DirectX 9 card ? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49215)

Rob K July 3rd 04 12:08 AM

Matrox DirectX 9 card ?

Does anyone know if there are plans for matrox to release a video card
that has hardware DirectX 9.x support? I seem to remember that the
Parhelia was originally advertised this way, but for some reason, was
pushed back to DirectX 8.1.

I am getting my current information regarding supported DirectX
versions at:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/c...s_parhelia.cfm

(And please no responses about how DirectX 8.x cards are "mostly
compatible with DirectX 9.x technology"... I've seen that "answer"
everywhere else I've looked, thanks!)

Rob K July 4th 04 10:57 PM

Haha...so in other words: no, you don't know what Matrox has planned.

Personally, I am biased against ATI after having had way too many bad
experiences with their software. (Specifically, their "MMC" program.)
It must be too hard for them to make quality a serious priority, with
the way they're trying to push a new video card out to market every
month or so (it seems).

"Tod" wrote in message news:oDoFc.16687$Oq2.15762@attbi_s52...
I've been a fan of Matrox for over 5 years, but for Direct X 9,
get an ATI card, my ATI 9600 works great.

om...

Tod July 5th 04 04:06 AM

I've used a Matrox Myst. and G400 (still use the G400 in an older Win 98SE
system)
Also a Voodoo 5, currently using an ATI 9600 PRO AIW (cat 4.6), works great
for me.
Matrox (in my option) sells to a limited market of "Ultimate 2D professional
systems"
It seems that Matrox is letting ATI/Nvidia slug it out on the mass gaming
market.

om...

"Tod" wrote in message

I've been a fan of Matrox for over 5 years, but for Direct X 9,
get an ATI card, my ATI 9600 works great.

om...