HardwareBanter

-   -   GeForce 7800GT - latest drivers - TV Out Resolution issue (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=143836)

rhox January 18th 07 01:59 AM

GeForce 7800GT - latest drivers - TV Out Resolution issue

I used to use my television (NTSC) as a second monitor, had it running
last night actually, and in the NVIDIA control panel I could change both
my monitor's resolution and my television's resolution independently.
Now, however, my only choice is to have both of them act as a horizontal
span. How can I make it so that I can use "Dualview" like before and
switch the resolutions separately?

Sam January 21st 07 05:16 PM

GeForce 7800GT - latest drivers - TV Out Resolution issue

I have a FX5600 and ran into this problem before too. The solution
that worked for me was to set the display properties to a single
monitor. Make sure that the TV is connected so it's detected on
boot-up. To know if it's working, you should see your motherboard
logo (windows logo) when the computer starts. This action is what
displays the dual-view option in Nvidia's control panel. I don't
know why the dual-view option disappears now and then but that's
how I was able to get it back.

Sam

rhox January 21st 07 10:36 PM

"rhox" wrote in message
| I used to use my television (NTSC) as a second monitor, had it
running
| last night actually, and in the NVIDIA control panel I could
change both
| my monitor's resolution and my television's resolution
independently.
| Now, however, my only choice is to have both of them act as a
horizontal
| span. How can I make it so that I can use "Dualview" like before
and
| switch the resolutions separately?

Thanks Sam, that works. I just wish I didn't have to reboot anytime I
want to re-enable Dualview.

Sam January 22nd 07 07:05 AM

GeForce 7800GT - latest drivers - TV Out Resolution issue

snip
| Thanks Sam, that works. I just wish I didn't have to reboot
anytime I
| want to re-enable Dualview.

Glad to hear it worked. I know what you mean, I hate rebooting too,
it's annoying. At least now we know it's a software issue and not
hardware since we both have different cards. When I get a chance,
I'm going to let Nvidia know about the problem and hopefully it'll
get fixed in the near future.

rhox January 22nd 07 07:06 AM

GeForce 7800GT - latest drivers - TV Out Resolution issue

Sam wrote:
snip
| Thanks Sam, that works. I just wish I didn't have to reboot
anytime I
| want to re-enable Dualview.

Glad to hear it worked. I know what you mean, I hate rebooting too,
it's annoying. At least now we know it's a software issue and not
hardware since we both have different cards. When I get a chance,
I'm going to let Nvidia know about the problem and hopefully it'll
get fixed in the near future.

Mhmm. It doesn't happen with two actual monitors.

Sam January 22nd 07 03:43 PM

"rhox" wrote in message
| Sam wrote:
| snip
| | Thanks Sam, that works. I just wish I didn't have to reboot
| anytime I
| | want to re-enable Dualview.
|
| Glad to hear it worked. I know what you mean, I hate rebooting
too,
| it's annoying. At least now we know it's a software issue and
not
| hardware since we both have different cards. When I get a
chance,
| I'm going to let Nvidia know about the problem and hopefully
it'll
| get fixed in the near future.
|

| Mhmm. It doesn't happen with two actual monitors.

With two monitors, you can change the settings on the fly without
losing the dual-view option?

McG. January 22nd 07 08:16 PM

"Sam" wrote in message

"rhox" wrote in message
| Sam wrote:
| snip
| | Thanks Sam, that works. I just wish I didn't have to reboot
| anytime I
| | want to re-enable Dualview.
|
| Glad to hear it worked. I know what you mean, I hate rebooting
too,
| it's annoying. At least now we know it's a software issue and
not
| hardware since we both have different cards. When I get a
chance,
| I'm going to let Nvidia know about the problem and hopefully
it'll
| get fixed in the near future.
|

| Mhmm. It doesn't happen with two actual monitors.

With two monitors, you can change the settings on the fly without
losing the dual-view option?

Yeah, I use DualView and two monitors fulltime, occasionally add a
third. All mine are on DVI, but that doesn't make a difference to the
DualView. What does make a negative difference (IMO) is coming out of
SLI everything has to be redone, even when saving/loading profile. And,
the driver still requires a reboot going into and coming out of SLI.
Crap. But you can change all the other display settings on the fly
without rebooting.

AMD A64 X2 4800+
Gigabyte GA K8N SLI
2 gigs PC3200
2 7800GTX 256 meg SLI
2 Samsung 204B, 1 Samsung 930B
XP Pro x64

McG.

rhox January 23rd 07 04:38 AM

Sam wrote:
"rhox" wrote in message
| Sam wrote:
| snip
| | Thanks Sam, that works. I just wish I didn't have to reboot
| anytime I
| | want to re-enable Dualview.
|
| Glad to hear it worked. I know what you mean, I hate rebooting
too,
| it's annoying. At least now we know it's a software issue and
not
| hardware since we both have different cards. When I get a
chance,
| I'm going to let Nvidia know about the problem and hopefully
it'll
| get fixed in the near future.
|

| Mhmm. It doesn't happen with two actual monitors.

With two monitors, you can change the settings on the fly without
losing the dual-view option?

Actually I'm not sure. I haven't tried to disconnect the 2nd monitor
while leaving the computer on and replugging it.

Sam January 23rd 07 06:11 AM

"McG." wrote in message

| "Sam" wrote in message
|
| "rhox" wrote in message
| | Sam wrote:
| | snip
| | | Thanks Sam, that works. I just wish I didn't have to
reboot
| | anytime I
| | | want to re-enable Dualview.
| |
| | Glad to hear it worked. I know what you mean, I hate
rebooting
| too,
| | it's annoying. At least now we know it's a software issue
and
| not
| | hardware since we both have different cards. When I get a
| chance,
| | I'm going to let Nvidia know about the problem and
hopefully
| it'll
| | get fixed in the near future.
| |
| |
| | Mhmm. It doesn't happen with two actual monitors.
|
| With two monitors, you can change the settings on the fly
without
| losing the dual-view option?
|

| Yeah, I use DualView and two monitors fulltime, occasionally add
| third. All mine are on DVI, but that doesn't make a difference
to the
| DualView. What does make a negative difference (IMO) is coming
out of
| SLI everything has to be redone, even when saving/loading
profile. And,
| the driver still requires a reboot going into and coming out of
SLI.
| Crap. But you can change all the other display settings on the
fly
| without rebooting.
|
| AMD A64 X2 4800+
| Gigabyte GA K8N SLI
| 2 gigs PC3200
| 2 7800GTX 256 meg SLI
| 2 Samsung 204B, 1 Samsung 930B
| XP Pro x64
|
| McG.

What's SLI and what does it do?

Sam

Mr.E Solved! January 23rd 07 06:15 AM

GeForce 7800GT - latest drivers - TV Out Resolution issue

Sam wrote:

What's SLI and what does it do?

Sam

http://www.slizone.com/page/home.html