HardwareBanter

-   -   XFX GeForce 8800GTX size? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=141913)

SRT December 23rd 06 12:29 PM

XFX GeForce 8800GTX size?

Hi,
I am pondering the above to make up part of a new build system which I plan
to fit into an Antec Performance One P180 ATX Mid Tower case. I believe the
geforce is quite large and may be a problem? Anyone know if this is likely?
tia.
Stuart.

Wayner December 23rd 06 01:47 PM

XFX GeForce 8800GTX size?

"SRT" wrote in message
Hi,
I am pondering the above to make up part of a new build system which I
plan to fit into an Antec Performance One P180 ATX Mid Tower case. I
believe the geforce is quite large and may be a problem? Anyone know if
this is likely? tia.
Stuart.

I believe if you remove the upper hard drive cage you can fit the card in.

Wayne

SRT December 24th 06 01:55 PM

XFX GeForce 8800GTX size?

I believe if you remove the upper hard drive cage you can fit the card in.

Wayne

Thanks,
Sounds ok so I think I will proceed. Hope its worth the price :)
Stuart

gamefixer December 25th 06 06:51 PM

XFX GeForce 8800GTX size?

SRT wrote:
I believe if you remove the upper hard drive cage you can fit the card in.

Wayne

Thanks,
Sounds ok so I think I will proceed. Hope its worth the price :)
Stuart

I borrowed a friends 8800GTX for a week while he was waiting on some
new parts for his computer. All I have to say is that ONE 8800 put the
two 7900's I have to shame. I started playing a few games while I had
his card in my PC and now I cant play them cuz the frame rate sucks...

Oh well.. I'm going to wait until the 8800's have been out for a while.

Matt