HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Servers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   ML330 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=129796)

Nut Cracker June 27th 06 12:22 AM

ML330

I would suggest getting an inexpensive array controller for your box. An
SA3200 would be fine. New options/steps will be avilable from the smartstart
process. once you get there, come back and we can go into more detail for
you.

- LC

"Ploot" wrote in message
Hi First post here,

Can anybody point me to an explaination of doing a fresh server install on
this machine.
Can i just install my os (w2k3 server) tradtionally create partition
format it install, or do i need to do it a certain HP/compaq way?

I have downloaded the smartstart 5.50 iso and its boots fine but i only
have
an option to erase the system which i have done.

erase left 2 physical disks 0 and 1

disk 0: 34 gb with 3 partitions

part 1 8 MB utility FAT
part 2 150 MB utility FAT
part 3 20 GB I created for install on NTFS
remainder is unpartitioned space (will partition from os)

disk 1: 8GB
all unallocated

upgraded bios to latest version ( 4.07 D03-11.15.2002 (6 Feb 03) )

System Description:
Compaq ML330 G1
866mhz
2GB
2 scsi drives 34GB and 8 GB
no raid
server feature board/w single scsi 2 + video
12/24 DAT scsi
cdrom ata
floppy

Im installing now and it seems to be going ok just worried maybe that this
isnt the best way to do this

any help, tips or 200 page descriptions woulds be greatly appreciated

thanks
Ploot