HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   P4T-E not posting (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=141866)

John O December 22nd 06 09:26 PM

P4T-E not posting

I have one of these boards which runs the fans fine, LED is on properly, and
the HD spins up but the system will not post and no video signal and no
beeps. The PS voltages look great (measured with a meter) and with all of
the cards and drives pulled, I still have no beeps. The HD light stays on
and I have tried reseating the CPU and RAM. I am down to a possible MB or
CPU problem. The only history I know of the system is that it was locking up
with regularity before the no POST problem occurred. I measured the voltage
on the CMOS battery and it is at 3 VDC. I just wanted to see if I am on the
right path with the MB or CPU problems. I guess that I just am too stubborn
to believe that the MB is gone. Thanks for any thoughts.

John O.

Michael W. Ryder December 22nd 06 10:00 PM

P4T-E not posting

John O wrote:
I have one of these boards which runs the fans fine, LED is on properly,
and the HD spins up but the system will not post and no video signal and
no beeps. The PS voltages look great (measured with a meter) and with
all of the cards and drives pulled, I still have no beeps. The HD light
stays on and I have tried reseating the CPU and RAM. I am down to a
possible MB or CPU problem. The only history I know of the system is
that it was locking up with regularity before the no POST problem
occurred. I measured the voltage on the CMOS battery and it is at 3 VDC.
I just wanted to see if I am on the right path with the MB or CPU
problems. I guess that I just am too stubborn to believe that the MB is
gone. Thanks for any thoughts.

John O.

I know you say you tested the power supply, but did you do it while
turning on the computer? Maybe it is failing and can not provide enough
power to start the computer. This would also explain the intermittent
failures you were seeing earlier. The other thing to try is removing
the board from the case and see if it will start then.

Paul December 22nd 06 11:04 PM

P4T-E not posting

John O wrote:
I have one of these boards which runs the fans fine, LED is on properly,
and the HD spins up but the system will not post and no video signal and
no beeps. The PS voltages look great (measured with a meter) and with
all of the cards and drives pulled, I still have no beeps. The HD light
stays on and I have tried reseating the CPU and RAM. I am down to a
possible MB or CPU problem. The only history I know of the system is
that it was locking up with regularity before the no POST problem
occurred. I measured the voltage on the CMOS battery and it is at 3 VDC.
I just wanted to see if I am on the right path with the MB or CPU
problems. I guess that I just am too stubborn to believe that the MB is
gone. Thanks for any thoughts.

John O.

Is the ATX12V 2x2 connector plugged in ?

http://www.ixbt.com/cpu/amd/athlon-x...p4te-board.jpg

Paul

DaveW December 23rd 06 12:55 AM

P4T-E not posting

CPU's almost never fail unless they are overheated. Sorry to say that your
motherboard has apparently died.

--
DaveW