HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DDR Dual Channel Question (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=8119)

Dr. Mr. Horse July 24th 03 04:13 AM

DDR Dual Channel Question

I have a Chaintech Zenith Nforce board, and I just got a matching PC2700
stick to make a pair. To run dual channel, do I just stick it in the DDR3
slot and go, or are there some settings I should change? I'm still running
them at 166mhz.

Thanks for any tips!

Ben Pope July 24th 03 10:50 AM

Dr. Mr. Horse wrote:
I have a Chaintech Zenith Nforce board, and I just got a matching
PC2700 stick to make a pair. To run dual channel, do I just stick it
in the DDR3 slot and go, or are there some settings I should change?
I'm still running them at 166mhz.

Thanks for any tips!

Check your manual - as long as they are in different banks, you're sorted.

Ben

Sus July 24th 03 11:10 AM

"Ben Pope" schreef in bericht
Dr. Mr. Horse wrote:
I have a Chaintech Zenith Nforce board, and I just got a matching
PC2700 stick to make a pair. To run dual channel, do I just stick it
in the DDR3 slot and go, or are there some settings I should change?
I'm still running them at 166mhz.

Thanks for any tips!

*There are three memoryslots, 1 and 2 right next to eachother,and 3 a bit
aside.
One stick schould be in the one that is a bit aside (3), and the other stick
in one of the two (1 and 2) that are next to eachother.
Don't put both sticks in the two slots(1 and 2) that are right next to
eachother, you will not have dual channel that way.I always use slot 1 an 3.

sus