HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [OT] Open source wars (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=99940)

Robert Myers June 16th 05 03:15 AM

[OT] Open source wars

http://www.forbes.com/technology/ent...0615jboss.html

I'm sure one of our regulars will enjoy Forbes' gloating over open
source internecine predation.

RM

Grumble June 16th 05 09:26 AM

Robert Myers wrote:

I'm sure one of our regulars will enjoy Forbes' gloating over open
source internecine predation.

OFF-TOPIC... CHECK (You did warn about that)
TROLL....... CHECK

Well, at least I learned a new word. (I did know what necare meant.)

Vulnerant omnes ultima necat.

Robert Myers June 16th 05 12:53 PM

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:26:25 +0200, Grumble
wrote:

Robert Myers wrote:

I'm sure one of our regulars will enjoy Forbes' gloating over open
source internecine predation.

OFF-TOPIC... CHECK (You did warn about that)
TROLL....... CHECK

The long-term prospects for open source and its impact on software
vendors are occasional topics of conversation here, and I thought the
article made a couple of points worth noting. Venture capitalists and
their investors probably read Forbes, too.

RM

Grumble June 16th 05 01:55 PM

Robert Myers wrote:

The long-term prospects for open source and its impact on software
vendors are occasional topics of conversation here, and I thought the
article made a couple of points worth noting. Venture capitalists and
their investors probably read Forbes, too.

.... blank stare

Daniel Lyons is a well-known troll, and you know it.

You chose to post his flamebait anyway.

Robert Myers June 16th 05 03:07 PM

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:55:56 +0200, Grumble
wrote:

Robert Myers wrote:

The long-term prospects for open source and its impact on software
vendors are occasional topics of conversation here, and I thought the
article made a couple of points worth noting. Venture capitalists and
their investors probably read Forbes, too.

... blank stare

Daniel Lyons is a well-known troll, and you know it.

You chose to post his flamebait anyway.

Nope. Didn't recognize the byline. Open source is just not the sort
of topic that generates heated exchanges in csiphc. Even the most
innocuous comment about AMD, on the other hand...

RM