HardwareBanter

-   -   Problem with TI4200 8AGP (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=55375)

Robert Kulp October 7th 04 12:17 AM

Problem with TI4200 8AGP

I have a GA-7VTXE mother board with a KT266A chip set. This mob has
provisions for 2x & 4x AGP. The ti4200 is 8x. As I understand it, 2x,4x and
8x AGP should be backward compatible, but the card operation is erratic(
freeze up, lousy graphics, etc). I have tried a variety of drivers without
success. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

CapFusion October 7th 04 12:47 AM

Bandaid method - as DaveW suggest
Or try to find the cause of the problem .....
Can you try using or reinstalling 4in1 driver for your VIA MoBo -
4in1 - Windows XP / 2K
http://www.viaarena.com/downloads/dr...%201_v453v.zip
WinXP note - http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...ticleID=68&P=5
4in1 - Win98 -
http://www.viaarena.com/downloads/dr...%201_v453v.zip
Since my ESP abilities is currently down and my pair of EYE-Balls no longer
can see from long distance or remotely, my guesses you must have one of
those OS.

CapFusion,...

Kevin October 7th 04 01:45 AM

Same **** different day huh Dave. I think everyone in the world has seen
your posts by now
and you can stop lying to people. 61.77 working great here same card. What
works for you
may not be the case for all.

Biz October 7th 04 04:47 AM

IF that card is a 4X/8X model it should work fine in that mobo. If it is
only an 8X model, it will not work correctly. Now having said that, make
sure you are up to date on your chipset drivers, whether they are VIA, or
nForce, or whatever.

Robert Kulp October 7th 04 05:35 AM

Thanks for all the info.
I did some further research and have to accept Biz's advice. It must be the
voltage problem.
Thanks again.
Bob