HardwareBanter

-   -   SmartDoctor crashes desktop. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50553)

news1.telia.com September 3rd 03 08:57 AM

SmartDoctor crashes desktop.

Hi!

I am running an ASUS V9560 VideoSuite GF FX card. I am running the latest
45.23 nVidia drivers, and when running SmartDoctor 2.76 the desktop crashes
and "zooms in" on the upper left square inch of the screen, which renders
the desktop unusable. The computer is however still alive, and when I ran
remote desktop against it, I discovered that SmartDoctor had a messagebox on
the screen that said "Set Clock" - "NVUClockGetCurrent failed rc". This
sounds as a bug in SmartDoctor to me.´

//Thomas

Ben Nealon September 5th 03 09:41 AM

Hi,
i have also got an Asus graphics card (V8200 T2 Delux) and i am currently
using smart doctor! I have notiuced a similar problem, my screen doesnt zoom
in but i do seem to get the exact same message as you get when exiting
halflife, counterstrike and other games alike. I dont get it in anything
else! Strange,

Ben