HardwareBanter

-   -   Which DRIVER FOR 6800gt? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=56417)

Chingy January 26th 05 04:07 AM

Which DRIVER FOR 6800gt?

HEY ALL

I would like to know which driver is the best in terms of performance with
this card 6800gt.

I am using 6693 and not very happy, using default settings for it.

Cheers

Dave Zass January 26th 05 07:16 AM

My BFG 6800 GT OC will be here in 2 days. I've googled a lot and it appears
as if it all depends on your application. Different drivers give different
benches on different apps.

The consensus from the articles and tests I read are the 66.93's and the
71.20 Forcewares. When they averaged out all the tests on all the
games/apps, these gave the best consistent highest FPS.

If you wanna research what drivers work best with a particular app/game,
google is your friend.

. ..

mine January 26th 05 09:42 AM

Chingy wrote:
I would like to know which driver is the best in terms of performance with
this card 6800gt.
I am using 6693 and not very happy, using default settings for it.

71.25 WHQL

Cheers

--
Ciao mine
http://metropolis.blogs.com/

bReTt January 26th 05 10:14 AM

Hi

All 7x.xx drivers have a problem in Doom 3.

To replicate follow these steps:

1) Start Doom3

2) System, Advance Settings, change the VSYNC option twice, the mouse will
hang

3) Doom 3 needs to be closed down using the task manager.

4) This problem only seems to affect 6800 cards, my bothers 5900 has no
problems with the same drivers.

I have posted this problem on a few forums, and other owners of 6800 cards
have been able to replicate the same problem.

I found the 67.03 and 67.66 drivers ok. The 67.66 for some reason believes I
have a TV connected to my computer though?

Hope this helps

Folk January 26th 05 06:08 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:07:37 +1100, "Chingy"
wrote:

HEY ALL

I would like to know which driver is the best in terms of performance with
this card 6800gt.

I am using 6693 and not very happy

What's the problem? 66.93's working great here. Been using them
since they came out on both W2K and XP with no issues.

Si January 26th 05 10:56 PM

I'm afraid it's impossible to say which is best as the drivers will work
differently for everyone. Even people with the same set-up get different
results. Check out Guru3D.com here for more advice
http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21 I think the
consensus of opinion is that the 67.03 drivers are the ones to go for. They
seem to get positive reviews from most people.

The best advice I can give, is to learn how to properly uninstall/install
drivers and then try as many as you like until you find the one that's right
for your particular set-up.

Cheers.

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

Friendly Guru January 27th 05 01:51 AM

"Chingy" wrote in message
. ..

I would like to know which driver is the best in terms of performance with
this card 6800gt.

I am using 6693 and not very happy, using default settings for it.

Cheers

I went from the 66.93's, which were rock stable over rough gaming terrain,
to the 71.24's which are so far, so good. Even better since they have fancy
LOD clamping now, which is ironic to say the least....

The 71.24-71.25's should be great for about 7-10 working days, then onto the
71.5x series...it's how it's done these days. :)