HardwareBanter

-   -   why did i use overclockers.co.uk (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=56284)

Kokoro January 11th 05 12:52 PM

why did i use overclockers.co.uk

ordered items on the 17th of Decemeber,

not here by last week, so i phoned amtrak, who were ment to be delivering
it and overclockers had put the wrong postcode on the items and they had
recieved them back...on the 21st of Decemeber. but no-one told me. I have
been charged for the items.

The Amtrak representative said he contacted overclockers about the mistake
and had arranged the order to be resent out. It will be there on monday.

today, tuesday, i phoned amtrak again. And was passed to another phone
number. I asked about my package. And overclockers had put the wrong
address on it again, this time it went to the same house number and street,
but in the wrong city. And the amtrak representative said they were unable
to inform overclockers themselves and i'd have to do it;... even though the
representative last week did it???

looking on the overclockers website for contacts and they no longer accept
emails, but prefer to use phone. But phoning any of their numbers results
in nothing but engaged tones.

What am I to do??

Kokoro January 11th 05 02:13 PM

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Kokoro ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

[...]

update, finally got through on the phone and it is being shipped again.
This 6600GT is going to get here someday, hopefully.

40 PC SOCKET SET January 11th 05 03:16 PM

"Kokoro" wrote in message
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Kokoro ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

update, finally got through on the phone and it is being shipped again.
This 6600GT is going to get here someday, hopefully.

That is a relief. I already had my coat on, ready to take a trip down to
Beachy Head.

Jon

AprIsovertheworld January 11th 05 03:35 PM

"Kokoro" wrote in message
[...]

overclockers.co.uk have a reputation of being sheep-shaggers, there are far
better sites from a price search.

NDF January 11th 05 04:08 PM

"Kokoro" wrote in message

[...]

Why after all the running around you have had to do are you still prepared
to accept the goods ?

If I was in your shoes I would have cancelled the order and got the card
from somwhere else.

An e-tailer that doesn't accept emails is IMO doing something far wrong and
won't last long.

John Russell January 11th 05 05:22 PM

"NDF" wrote in message

"Kokoro" wrote in message

[...]

.....and yet , when my Tagan PSU blew up on xmas eve (can't blame them for
that!) they where open between Xmas and New year, so that I returned it
before new year and they got me a replacment in the first week of the New
Year.

I've used some comapnies whcih take a month to decide if your returned good
are faulty or not!

As for email, poor service can only result in "abusive" emails and it's not
good sense to see the problem as the "emails", not the poor service!

NDF January 11th 05 07:01 PM

"John Russell" wrote in message

"NDF" wrote in message

"Kokoro" wrote in message

[...]

Well I shall never use them after they sent out something which was
significantly different from it's description and then had the cheek to
refuse to refund me the shipping as I was returning the item as unwanted.

I eventually got a full refund after I threatened to take them to the Small
Claims Court, a move no customer should ever have to take.

As for the OP's issues, I can only assume they have monkeys working for
them, I mean how poor to get an address wrong twice.

Richard Dower January 11th 05 08:27 PM

"NDF" wrote in message

As for the OP's issues, I can only assume they have monkeys working for
them, I mean how poor to get an address wrong twice.

Happened to me also, twice they got my address wrong after TWICE having to
call them to correct it. They cost me a fortune on calls as i am in Ireland.
I got a CPU cooler from them over the Xmas period and it arrived damaged,
now waiting for the RMA to arrive and see if it's ok.

Email support is gone, you can't get through to them on the phone....people
have been waiting hours to get through, disgrace.

John Russell January 12th 05 06:55 PM

"Mark" wrote in message
never had any problems with them. All companies are liable to cock up at
some time, thats life.

And they where one of the first companies to offer kit you could only read
US reviews about, and drool.
If these "small" companies didn't exist do we think we'd be getting
discounts from the bigger companies (pc world aside).