HardwareBanter

-   -   ATI 9600 Pro or FX5700? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=52813)

Bobby January 17th 04 06:02 PM

ATI 9600 Pro or FX5700?

I'm now considering one of these cards. What would you recommend? Cheers.

Bobby

RL January 17th 04 08:51 PM

I just installed a 5700 Ultra seems fine to me.

Gordie January 18th 04 01:16 AM

Nothing like a complete review is there...

Darthy January 18th 04 10:46 AM

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:02:07 -0000, "Bobby" wrote:

I'm now considering one of these cards. What would you recommend? Cheers.

For the price of the 5700, you could get the 5900XT.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic...ournament_2003

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Dark Avenger January 18th 04 01:34 PM

"Bobby" wrote in message ...
I'm now considering one of these cards. What would you recommend? Cheers.

Bobby

I guess both cards are good... and on the same level of performance.
As some tests say, even pixel shader 2.0 works reasonable now with the
FX5700 card...

I guess both cards are evenly nice... yup.

And I own an ati card :-), but truly I can say both are good choices!

Yeremein January 19th 04 05:21 AM

1st Ever Video Card wrote:

I just installed a Voodoo 3, that seems fine to me also.

I have a 4MB PCI Riva 128 with VIVO in the closet; want to upgrade? :)

Chocolate January 20th 04 07:26 PM

"Yeremein" wrote in message
1st Ever Video Card wrote:

I just installed a Voodoo 3, that seems fine to me also.

I have a 4MB PCI Riva 128 with VIVO in the closet; want to upgrade? :)

16MB to 4MB is an upgrade?

You're not one of those underclockers are you?