HardwareBanter

-   -   Leadtek's VIVO implementation..... (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=52200)

Granulated December 8th 03 12:35 PM

Leadtek's VIVO implementation.....

I've had a couple of vivo capable cards and just noticed that Leadteks MyVivo
boasts de-interlacing. Can anyone witha Leadtek vivo card report on how this is
implemented ?

thanks!

Dismantler December 11th 03 05:08 PM

"Granulated" wrote in message
I've had a couple of vivo capable cards and just noticed that Leadteks

MyVivo
boasts de-interlacing. Can anyone witha Leadtek vivo card report on how

this is
implemented ?

thanks!

I do not have a Leadtek card, but the experience that I had with their
products requires me to suggest that you look to other vendors. They
deliberately misrepresented the capabilities of their product, then when I
contacted them after purchasing the card, they had disabled several
desirable performance features in the BIOS. When I asked if there was a BIOS
available with the desired options enabled (even if I agreed to forego
access to their worthless tech support morons), they responded that their
card was incapable of supporting the feature(s). The primary feature that I
was interested in is common on almost every card of that generation, and was
supported on the Asus card that I purchased.

I would also like to add that the Asus board performed as well as the
misrepresented Leadtek card. Good luck with them.

I have had very good results with my Asus VIVO card, although to be honest,
I considered it a bit on the pricey side. In it's defense, it did offer a
lot of features in addition to solid, non-flaky VIVO performance. I'd
recommend them for someone needing those capabilities.