HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Opinion on Compaq Presario Media Center C306US (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=139184)

dave November 10th 06 04:15 PM

Opinion on Compaq Presario Media Center C306US

These are on sale for a pretty good price and would like an opinion.
Is it worth it or should I wait for a Dell to go on sale.
BTW I need one pretty quick as my desktop has gone TU.

Thanks

Dave

RoxRanger November 14th 06 12:27 AM

Opinion on Compaq Presario Media Center C306US

Dave:

I've owned three Dells (one still operating as a backup and Vista test box)
and one HP Media Center PC. Honestly, the HP is the best PC I've ever owned.
It has great features for the money, operates flawlessly, and HP's web site
updates for BIOS, drivers and software are as easy to implement as can be.

I was really pretty stunned at how well put together it is for the money -
and the quality of components used is very good. I used to think HP PCs and
(by extension their Compaq cousins) were junk, but I've come to see things a
lot differently. So, if Compaqs are anywhere near as good as my HP, I'd
recommend you get one in a heartbeat!

Hope this helps.

ups.com...