HardwareBanter

-   -   6600GT GPU temp (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=130148)

Kaitlyn Luna July 2nd 06 05:19 AM

6600GT GPU temp

I just switched from a ATi card to a Gigabyte 128M AGP 6600GT card. These
temps are for a light load (several desktop apps, no games) and no
overclock of anything.

Motherboard 38C
CPU 32C
PWM 39C
GPU 65C

Everest Home Edition isn't reporting a fan speed the GPU.

Are these temps ok?

Gus July 2nd 06 07:36 AM

6600GT GPU temp

That's about right for a 6600. However, I would recommend a new fan. I
bought a fan for mine and it brought the temp down by 15 degrees.

Gus

First of One July 2nd 06 07:59 PM

6600GT GPU temp

What is the GPU temp under load? (say, using the artifact checker in
ATiTool, which works with nVidia cards.) If the GPU load temps stay below
85C you are okay.

Conor July 3rd 06 04:47 PM

6600GT GPU temp

In article , Kaitlyn Luna says...
I just switched from a ATi card to a Gigabyte 128M AGP 6600GT card. These
temps are for a light load (several desktop apps, no games) and no
overclock of anything.

Motherboard 38C
CPU 32C
PWM 39C
GPU 65C

Everest Home Edition isn't reporting a fan speed the GPU.

Are these temps ok?

No. It is going to burst into flames the next time you turn it on.

Ever heard of finding out for yourself you lazy arse?

--
Conor
Sig under construction. Please check back when Duke Nukem Forever ships

Cashback on online purchases:
http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/Conor/ref/index.htm

Neil J Bundy July 3rd 06 07:44 PM

6600GT GPU temp

In message , Conor
writes
In article , Kaitlyn Luna says...
I just switched from a ATi card to a Gigabyte 128M AGP 6600GT card. These
temps are for a light load (several desktop apps, no games) and no
overclock of anything.

Motherboard 38C
CPU 32C
PWM 39C
GPU 65C

Everest Home Edition isn't reporting a fan speed the GPU.

Are these temps ok?

No. It is going to burst into flames the next time you turn it on.

Ever heard of finding out for yourself you lazy arse?

Some people just come on here to troll & flame, just ignore their
idiotic drivel, wouldn't be so bad if it was even funny :)

The original poster asked a perfectly sensible question for this forum.
I hope this might help answer!

I have a Galaxy 6600GT which runds pretty fast OOTB, and when the room
temp is normal / cool (around 17-22'C) I get an ambient case temp of
around 25-30'C, and GPU temp when idle of around 41-46C, going up to
52-55'C or so under quite heavy load.

This week, with temperaturs in the high 20's and low 30's in my spare
room where the computer is, I'm getting ambient of 42'C and GPU idle of
about 53'C, I expect it will reach 60-65 or so under load, been too busy
working to be playing games generally though.

65'C idle sounds a touch high, Check airflow below and above the card,
and check that the fan's spinning properly, that the heatsinks are
making proper contact to the GPU & memory chips, and that your PSU has
enough juice to power it. You are plugging in the little molex power
connector properly aren't you?

Hope this helps you get to the bottom of it,

Neil.

--
Neil J Bundy

DRS July 3rd 06 10:12 PM

6600GT GPU temp

"Neil J Bundy" wrote in
message

[...]

The original poster asked a perfectly sensible question for this
forum. I hope this might help answer!

It's a perfectly sensible question that's been asked and answered before.
The OP should have checked with
http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/s...gt+temperature.