HardwareBanter

-   -   Too low res with driver for grahics card NIVIDIA TNT2 Model 64 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=124258)

mike April 4th 06 07:09 PM

Too low res with driver for grahics card NIVIDIA TNT2 Model 64

Hi,

I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
since the old did not
support directx9.c
After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.

Any ideas what I can do about it?

Cheers,

//Mikael

Chris Dodd April 4th 06 09:04 PM

Too low res with driver for grahics card NIVIDIA TNT2 Model 64

"mike" wrote in
ups.com:
I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
since the old did not support directx9.c
After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.

Stuck in 640x480 mode like that almost always means that something
went seriously wrong with your driver install, and windows fell back
to using the generic VGA driver it has built in. You need to uninstall
the old driver and run a driver cleaner program to clean out as much
as possible, before trying to reinstall the driver. Worst case, you
may need to reinstall windows to fix what is failing.

-chris

Larry Roberts April 5th 06 02:45 AM

Too low res with driver for grahics card NIVIDIA TNT2 Model 64

On 4 Apr 2006 11:09:56 -0700, "mike"
wrote:

Hi,

I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
since the old did not
support directx9.c
After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.

Any ideas what I can do about it?

Cheers,

//Mikael

I agree with what Chris Dodd suggested.

mike April 8th 06 08:17 PM

Too low res with driver for grahics card NIVIDIA TNT2 Model 64

Thanks! That was a good instruction. Works ok with a registry cleaner.
cheers,

//mikael

McGrandpa April 12th 06 05:04 AM

"mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
since the old did not
support directx9.c
After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.

Any ideas what I can do about it?

Cheers,

//Mikael

card. However, he didn't state exactly what video card he does have
installed now.
And, no matter WHAT model of TNT M64 he uses, it isn't supported by DX9.0c
TNT M64 is cheap crap from the first moment it was released years ago.
McG.
McG.