HardwareBanter

-   -   MSI BX Master & FX5900XT compatibility. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=108715)

Marko October 4th 05 08:00 AM

MSI BX Master & FX5900XT compatibility.

Yes it should but it will only work as an AGP 2x card and also no matter
what cpu you have in there it will not be able to keep up with the card, so
donet expect any massive performance boost unless the card you have in it
just now is especially old. I'm running a FX5700 in an older dual cpu IBM
intellistation and it works fine but 3d performance is not really any better
than the Quadro 2 pro i took out of it although it doeas allow me to play
nicer looking dx8 games now.

Cheers

Marko

"XP" wrote in message

Can this board work in this MoBo, I know their are compatibility problems
with some GF cards and some MoBo's

First of One October 5th 05 12:28 AM

MSI BX Master... that's based on the Intel 440BX chipset? The FX5900XT may
or may not work on it, due to different signaling voltages (3.3V vs 1.5V).
To be sure, find a photo of the card online and make sure the notches on the
AGP connector match up with your mobo's slot.

First of One October 6th 05 02:55 AM

Well then, find a detailed picture of the mobo (maybe on MSI's web site) and
make sure the slot matches up with your card's notches. :-)

"XP" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:28:35 -0400, "First of One"
wrote:

MSI BX Master... that's based on the Intel 440BX chipset? The FX5900XT may
or may not work on it, due to different signaling voltages (3.3V vs 1.5V).
To be sure, find a photo of the card online and make sure the notches on
the
AGP connector match up with your mobo's slot.

Well I am trying to sell the Card to a Mate that has the MSI BX Master.

First of One October 15th 05 07:18 PM

MSI BX Master & FX5900XT compatibility.

"XP" wrote in message
Mine Gigabyte FX5900XT AGP 3.0, has the 3.3v & 1.5v Keys , the MSI BX
Master MoBo card shows the Key for 3.3v..

If the keys line up then the card will fit, as simple as that. A good
resource for AGP voltage information is (surprise, surprise) ATi's web site.
Go to https://support.ati.com/ and enter article number "18872" in the
search box in the left menu. There are a lot of pictures and diagrams
illustrating the various keyed slots.

If you take the Info here into consideration, its then a Universal card..?
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0510/05...ccdproblem.asp

Huh? This is a link pointing to the recent batch of defective Sony CCDs,
used in several manufacturers' cameras.