HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Memory upgrade for Compaq Presario SR1417CL desktop (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=163934)

eljainc January 14th 08 04:33 AM

Memory upgrade for Compaq Presario SR1417CL desktop

I have a question on the memory capability of the Compaq SR1417CL. I
know the max memory is 2GB and must use PC2700, PC3200 or PC4000 DDR
with no ECC.

I have seen some generic memory sold online for about $25-35 per GB.
However this memory is high density. Will this memory work in this
machine or am I only getting half of the actual amount of RAM if I use
this type? I couldn't find anything on crucial's website. Is there a
less expensive place to get 1GB DDR memory modules that work with the
SR series Presarios?

Thanks
Mike

eljainc January 14th 08 04:16 PM

On Jan 14, 7:29 am, "HH" wrote:
Either 128x64 or 64x64 density DIMMs should work on your Presario.

HH

Thanks HH for the reply. Can someone else confirm that these will work
on this model of Presario. It's basically a difference of $30 ($25-30
for high density vs. $55-60 for low density DDR)

Mike

- Bobb - January 15th 08 08:01 PM

"eljainc" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 7:29 am, "HH" wrote:
Either 128x64 or 64x64 density DIMMs should work on your Presario.

HH

Thanks HH for the reply. Can someone else confirm that these will work
on this model of Presario. It's basically a difference of $30 ($25-30
for high density vs. $55-60 for low density DDR)

Mike

I don't have that model, but whenever I have a memory issue, I go to
crucial.com and select it from the dropdowns
http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...rio%20SR1417CL