HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   "Unsafe Removal of Device" and Activesync (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=102247)

[email protected] July 17th 05 08:23 AM

"Unsafe Removal of Device" and Activesync

I need help with a persistant problem. Recently upgraded from a P4 to
an AMD motherboard & CPU.

Now I get "Unsafe Removal of Device" pop-ups whenever I dock my iPAQ
Pocket PC (and Activesync initiates).

Otherwise system is rock solid.

Motherboard: GA K8NS Ultra-939 (F6 BIOS)
Using lates Gigiabyte MB Chipset & USB drivers
San Diego CPU
1GB PC3700 memory. Dual Channel mode.
OS: Fresh install of Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 + latest Rollup
MS Activesync V3.8
USB Drive that's impacted: External Ximeta 80GB
Decent 480W Power Supply
Other USB device: Canon Scanner (works fine)

Efforts to resolve:
- Replaced Ximeta USB Cable
- Moved the USB connections to various locations
- Uninstalled & reinstalled the USB drivers

Looked everywhere on www for particular situation - no success. Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[email protected] July 20th 05 05:59 PM

Resolved after too much unsuccesful tinkering: Purchased a 4 Port PCI
USB 2.0 card. NEC Chipset based. Installed card, W2K recognized &
loaded std USB drivers. Plugged USB drive into Card Port. Problem
resolved.