HardwareBanter

-   Packard Bell Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   elector (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=66767)

metronid November 14th 03 05:56 AM

elector

Give me your opininion on this

I sold plans on Ebay on how to rebuild a compaq
power supply(319235)
Yes I also dabble in other things besides Packard Bell
The Ebay item # is or wa 3438293331

The buyer Emailed me back not to give him + feedback
He said he was using the plans for one of his clients which
is also against the terms of the sale

My sale said for use only by user one time use not to be resold

A couple of days later he has 1 compaq power supply
No big deal

A couple of days later he has another

Never had any in the past
I left him negative feedback

Read the Ebay item and give me your opinion

Elector November 14th 03 11:24 AM

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:56:54 -0800, "metronid" had this to say and I had to
reply to it:

::Give me your opininion on this
::
[...]

With anything in life most of it is based on trust. Your hard work and skill in rebuilding a power
supply for any computer via diagram or plan should have been legally protected. Copywrite comes to
mind here. Many folks who have such skills are trying to assist and they don't think that such an
act by a person would be forthcoming. I would say if the process of rebuilding the Compaq power
supply is unique then get intellectual protection for your idea so that in the future such under
handed dealings do not occur.

You work too hard and look what you get. I would have left negative feedback as well. But I have
mostly bought off of ebay and it was computer software and some music cds.

Elector

PS I have seen your fillow-up post and I would not have removed it.

Elector November 14th 03 02:37 PM

"metronid" wrote in message
I was not able to remove comments

I would not worry about it. The guy stole from you and actually deserves the
Negative Feedback.

Elector