HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   nefs.sys? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=20812)

Dave C. August 10th 04 02:56 AM

nefs.sys?

Got a homebuilt P4 2.8 prescott on a Biostar P4VMA-M (via chipset)
mainboard. It's giving an error message at startup saying
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nefs.sys is missing, put in XP disk to repair.
But of course, that doesn't work. I've never heard of this file. I got
nothing searching the Microsoft knowledge base, google or even various virus
encyclopedias. What the heck is this file? Anybody know? Unfortunately,
the system is literally 10,000 miles away from me right now. I thought if
someone could at least tell me what the file is, I could probably figure out
what the problem is. Never heard of it. Anyone? -Dave