HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   GA-7S748 and DDR400 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=38125)

Newstech May 1st 04 11:12 AM

GA-7S748 and DDR400

I have a GA-7S748 with an Athlon XP 2500, which I bought last year with one
stick of 256 MB DDR400 memory. Now, having saved a few pennies, I'm looking
at adding memory.

Problem is, I think I read somewhere that the board will only support 2
sticks at 400 MHz, even though it has 3 sockets. But I've gone through
manual and searched Google, and can't find that statement repeated. Am I
imagining things? This will determine whether I put 256 in now, or bite the
bullet and buy a 512. TIA.

--Steve Auerweck
Baltimore, MD

pricepc.com May 4th 04 05:53 PM

Yes it will only support 2 DDR400 memory sticks. It does not make any
sense for being a difference between DDR333 and 400 but it does not
work. We just tried it to answer your question. Please post here if
you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Guy
Custom Computers Online
www.pricepc.com

Newstech May 10th 04 12:47 PM

(pricepc.com) wrote:
Yes it will only support 2 DDR400 memory sticks. It does not make any
sense for being a difference between DDR333 and 400 but it does not
work. We just tried it to answer your question. Please post here if
you have any more questions.

Thanks so much for your reply, Guy. Bums me out to hear the answer,
though.

I assume it fell back to DDR333 with 3 sticks? Or did it just not recognize
the third one?
--Steve