HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ATi's Ruby demo: where?! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=45322)

Who be dat? April 21st 04 10:50 PM

ATi's Ruby demo: where?!

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
to tell from pictures.

Any idea when/where the demo will be released?

Chris Smith

Asestar April 21st 04 11:58 PM

"Who be dat?" wrote in message

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...sid=17568&mode
=&order=0&thold=0

The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
to tell from pictures.

Well, i said the same thing a few days ago. However, i wonder why ati never
make long hair on girls? Original Radeon demo was also with short haired
girl, as is Ruby.

Making realistic hair can take up a good deal polygons.

Any idea when/where the demo will be released?

It won't be for some time tough.

Chris Smith

ec April 22nd 04 07:22 AM

"Asestar" a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o wrote in message

"Who be dat?" wrote in message

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...sid=17568&mode
=&order=0&thold=0

The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo

having
far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's

hard
to tell from pictures.

Well, i said the same thing a few days ago. However, i wonder why ati

never
make long hair on girls? Original Radeon demo was also with short haired
girl, as is Ruby.

Making realistic hair can take up a good deal polygons.

Any idea when/where the demo will be released?

It won't be for some time tough.

Chris Smith

Nalu's hair is 15 million polygons.

ec April 22nd 04 07:22 AM

"Who be dat?" wrote in message

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
to tell from pictures.

Any idea when/where the demo will be released?

Chris Smith

Nalu is meant to show off what they can do with hair. Ruby has NOTHING
comparable to Nalu's hair.

DreamMaker April 22nd 04 03:02 PM

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:22:45 -0700, "ec" wrote:

"Who be dat?" wrote in message

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

The thing that's impressive about this is that despite the ATi demo having
far less poly's, it looks just as good as Nvidia demo. Although it's hard
to tell from pictures.

Any idea when/where the demo will be released?

Chris Smith

Nalu is meant to show off what they can do with hair. Ruby has NOTHING
comparable to Nalu's hair.

hi is the link above lead to the demo of nalu and ruby because it seem
that i can't find it...

Who be dat? April 22nd 04 03:29 PM

No, apparently neither demo is out for download. Nalu will be released with
the 6800 Nvidia cards from what I've read. I haven't seen/heard a thing
about Ruby other than the mention of the demo at that website. I have no
clue when it's comming out.

Chris Smith

DreamMaker April 22nd 04 07:57 PM

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:29:53 -0400, "Who be dat?"
wrote:

No, apparently neither demo is out for download. Nalu will be released with
the 6800 Nvidia cards from what I've read. I haven't seen/heard a thing
about Ruby other than the mention of the demo at that website. I have no
clue when it's comming out.

hi is the link above lead to the demo of nalu and ruby because it seem
that i can't find it...

It was interesting because i feel like my 9800pro will be use at it
peak to render these demo. :-0

Well...
I will wait.

Asestar April 22nd 04 09:58 PM

It was interesting because i feel like my 9800pro will be use at it
peak to render these demo. :-0

Well...
I will wait.

May be 9800xt will be too slow for that.. hehe

DreamMaker April 23rd 04 02:15 AM

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:58:29 GMT, "Asestar" a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
.. n o wrote:

It was interesting because i feel like my 9800pro will be use at it
peak to render these demo. :-0

Well...
I will wait.

May be 9800xt will be too slow for that.. hehe

Pff my fx5200td was able to run the 9800pro demo so i fugure that my
9800pro will performe nice and neet on that one Huhh huhhhhh!

:-?