HardwareBanter

-   -   OT but related problem. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=129847)

MARY ASHTON June 27th 06 09:25 PM

OT but related problem.

A few weeks ago i fitted a new Gainward 7800GS 512mb AGP card & shortly
afterwards my mainboard blew.

I fitted a new mainboard which now works OK but my graphics performance has
hit the dirt since.

Do certain mainboards cause this type of problem??

My old one was a Gigabyte 8ik1100 with an Intel 875 chipset

My mew one is an Asrock P4 880 Pro with the same spec 800 fsb & HT support
etc..

Phil.

First of One June 28th 06 01:55 AM

OT but related problem.

Be sure to install the motherboard chipset drivers. The ASRock/Asus web site
should have it. Boards based on Intel chipsets usually don't need additional
drivers. The other chipsets do.

.uk...