HardwareBanter

-   -   Toshiba Laptop WinXP SP2 update leaves gap on right side of display (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=55570)

Barry Fritz October 29th 04 04:39 AM

Toshiba Laptop WinXP SP2 update leaves gap on right side of display

Hello. Toshiba Satellite 1410-s173 with NVIDIA Geforce 420 Go driver.
After SP2 update, display has a gap of about 1 1/2 inches along the right
side. Appears as though the display needs to be centered, but can't do
that. I have not found a driver update at Toshiba site or any other mention
of this problem. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

fsaa October 29th 04 05:25 AM

"Barry Fritz" wrote in message
link.net...
Hello. Toshiba Satellite 1410-s173 with NVIDIA Geforce 420 Go driver.
After SP2 update, display has a gap of about 1 1/2 inches along the right
side. Appears as though the display needs to be centered, but can't do
that. I have not found a driver update at Toshiba site or any other

mention
of this problem. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

No sure if this helps because I am using the desktop Geforce driver...

Right click on desktop, select "Properties", click on the "Settings" tab,
click on the "Advanced" button, Click on the "Geforce ..." tab (name depends
on your card), select "Screen Adjustment", you can move the screen from
there...

Zulu October 29th 04 03:15 PM

Barry Fritz wrote:
Hello. Toshiba Satellite 1410-s173 with NVIDIA Geforce 420 Go driver.
After SP2 update, display has a gap of about 1 1/2 inches along the
right side. Appears as though the display needs to be centered, but
can't do that. I have not found a driver update at Toshiba site or
any other mention of this problem. Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Read here www.laptopvideo2go.com under "Toshiba Support".

Zulu

Lee Marsh October 30th 04 03:03 AM

"Barry Fritz" wrote in message
link.net...
Hello. Toshiba Satellite 1410-s173 with NVIDIA Geforce 420 Go driver.
After SP2 update, display has a gap of about 1 1/2 inches along the right
side. Appears as though the display needs to be centered, but can't do
that. I have not found a driver update at Toshiba site or any other
mention
of this problem. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

It has put a newer driver on with the SP2 update. Download the old one from
bbs.toshiba.co.uk to sort it out.

Cheers,

Lee.