HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   AGP 4x or 8x (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=38150)

Jackson May 9th 04 04:48 PM

AGP 4x or 8x

I got a question, I'm currently using a Gigabyte motherboard (GA-6VX7B-4X)
Socket 370, PIII processor. with a Geforce 2 graphic card. I try to upgrade
my graphic card into nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 GV-N52128T-P , which is AGP
8X. I'm not sure the graphic card compatible with my motherboard. my current
motherboard AGP slot is only support 4X mode & AGP 2.0 compliant.
If the graphic card cannot use for my motherboard, any other graphic card
with 128MB that actually can I use? thanks for helping me in this!!!

Regards,
Jackson

wayne May 9th 04 05:05 PM

this link here shows 9 cards I am sure there are many more. Quite a few 8x
cards will work at 4x
I have not kept up that much but I know a while ago I read that 4x did not
make that much of a difference!

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_a...rtby=&x=43&y=6

Wayne

Dimitris May 10th 04 07:29 AM

"Jackson" wrote in message ...
I got a question, I'm currently using a Gigabyte motherboard (GA-6VX7B-4X)
Socket 370, PIII processor. with a Geforce 2 graphic card. I try to upgrade
my graphic card into nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 GV-N52128T-P , which is AGP
8X. I'm not sure the graphic card compatible with my motherboard. my current
motherboard AGP slot is only support 4X mode & AGP 2.0 compliant.
If the graphic card cannot use for my motherboard, any other graphic card
with 128MB that actually can I use? thanks for helping me in this!!!

Regards,
Jackson

Most or all the cards with AGP 8x will work at a mobo AGP slot 4x.
Look for the AGP 8x/4x in the card specifications. As far as i know
any card which is 8x can work at 4x mode also.