HardwareBanter

-   -   Framerate low with FX5200? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=51427)

Alex October 21st 03 09:03 PM

Framerate low with FX5200?

Shouldn't I be getting more than 80fps in quake 3? I know it's
pointless having moe but it's a pride thing, you know :-)

Barton 2500+ @ 2.0 GHz (and climbing slowly - must get 2.2+)
512mb PC3200 Dual channel
FX5200 128mb
NF7-S mobo
120gig SATA hdd

cheers !!
Alex

Andrew October 21st 03 09:08 PM

On 21 Oct 2003 13:03:42 -0700, (Alex)
wrote:

Shouldn't I be getting more than 80fps in quake 3? I know it's
pointless having moe but it's a pride thing, you know :-)

Try disabling V-Sync.
--
Andrew. To email unscramble
& remove spamtrap.

phobos October 21st 03 10:31 PM

wrote:

Shouldn't I be getting more than 80fps in quake 3? I know it's
pointless having moe but it's a pride thing, you know :-)

Try disabling V-Sync.

/seta com_maxfps 999

disable vsync in-game and the control panel

Alex October 22nd 03 05:45 PM

Nice one. Hitting 200 fps in places now :-D