HardwareBanter

-   Scanners (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Minolta Dimage F-3000 (a.k.a. Scan Multi) Film Masks (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=196036)

Hauke Fath November 27th 15 10:40 AM

Minolta Dimage F-3000 (a.k.a. Scan Multi) Film Masks

Hi,

a while back, I pulled a Minolta Scan Multi F 3000 from ?bay, with an
eye towards MF scanning. The scanner came with the MH-M1 film holder,
but not with the masks for it; and while you can just put in film
anyway, there is flare.

Does anyone out there have this scanner model (or the F 3200, which is
supposed to be mechanically identical), and could provide me with
measurements and / or a scan of the film masks? I could then make my own
from cardboard or plastic foil.

Thanks,
Hauke

--
Now without signature.

Stephen November 27th 15 08:21 PM

Minolta Dimage F-3000 (a.k.a. Scan Multi) Film Masks

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 11:40:41 +0100,
(Hauke Fath) had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

Hi,

a while back, I pulled a Minolta Scan Multi F 3000 from ?bay, with an
eye towards MF scanning. The scanner came with the MH-M1 film holder,
but not with the masks for it; and while you can just put in film
anyway, there is flare.

Does anyone out there have this scanner model (or the F 3200, which is
supposed to be mechanically identical), and could provide me with
measurements and / or a scan of the film masks? I could then make my own
from cardboard or plastic foil.

Thanks,
Hauke

Here's a scan of the masks I have:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ty88fhf6d...Masks.pdf?dl=0

The APS & 16mm have guide rails for the film.

--

Stephen

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

Hauke Fath November 28th 15 02:17 PM

Stephen wrote:

Does anyone out there have this scanner model (or the F 3200, which is
supposed to be mechanically identical), and could provide me with
measurements and / or a scan of the film masks? I could then make my own
from cardboard or plastic foil.

Here's a scan of the masks I have:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ty88fhf6d...Masks.pdf?dl=0

The APS & 16mm have guide rails for the film.

Thanks, that's great!

Would it be possible for you to provide me with the measurements for the
6x6 mask - outside, inside, frame width, distance of the mask holes? I
think I could derive the other masks' sizes from that.

Thanks again,
hauke

--
Now without signature.

Stephen November 28th 15 08:13 PM

Minolta Dimage F-3000 (a.k.a. Scan Multi) Film Masks

If you print the pdf as actual size, it should be the same as below.

For the 6x6 mask:
93.4mm x 71.3mm - outside
65.5mm x 65.5mm - inside
3.6 mm x 3.2mm - oblong hole (side with one short diagonal cut)
21.5mm - center of oblong hole to side with short diagonal cut
3.2mm - round hole (side with 2 diagonal cuts)
65.8mm - center to center of holes
2.7mm distance of the slot for the film guide rail.
4.1mm to center of hole that's under the film rail guide slot.
2.7mm - film rail guide slot height
67.1 - film rail guide slot length
The bottom notch between the holes clear is to clear the latch.

On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 15:17:05 +0100,